COVID-19 | Travel information
Entry and stay conditions in The Islands of Tahiti
Updated on April, 10th 2022
Please find below the protocol for entry and stay in The Islands of Tahiti with stopover or transit in the United States and the protocol for entry and stay in The Islands of Tahiti from Honolulu and Los Angeles for US residents.
PRIOR TO BOARDING
As of Monday, March 28, 2022, for all travelers to French Polynesia, it is no longer required to:
- Register on the ETIS platform
- Complete a self-test upon arrival at Tahiti Faa’a Airport
- Complete additional self-tests (on D+2 and D+5 for non-vaccinated travelers with a compelling reason for travel)
FOR TRAVELERS DEPARTING FROM HONOLULU, LOS ANGELES OR SAN FRANCISCO TO FRENCH POLYNESIA
All travelers to French Polynesia were required to present an RT-PCR or antigen test taken less than 24 hours old before boarding. These entry requirements have been updated on March 30, 2022 (Decree n°2022-253). From now on, all travelers (whatever their vaccination status) to French Polynesia, are required to present before boarding:
- an RT-PCR test less taken than 72 hours before boarding
- an antigen test less than 48 hours before boarding
FOR TRAVELERS WITH A STOPOVER OR TRANSIT IN THE UNITED STATES
All travelers with a transit or stopover in the United States are still required to perform an antigen test (or RT-PCR) within 24 hours prior to departure.
CONDITIONS OF MOVEMENT WITHIN THE ISLANDS OF TAHITI
As part of the fight against the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus in French Polynesia, the High Commissioner and the President of French Polynesia announced the new measures in place to gradually lift restrictions applicable as of March 14th, 2022.
- The vaccination pass will be suspended for travel from the Windward Islands to the other archipelagos.
- Wearing a mask will no longer be mandatory in places open to the public, in establishments or for practicing activities. Wearing a mask will still be required in public transport (airplanes, buses, boats), in airports and ferry terminals, as well as in health care facilities.
List of Drugstores performing Covid-19 antigen tests and providing certificates of results: Click here
Opening hours of the testing center at Tahiti Faa’a International Airport and at the (ILM) Fare Covid (antigenic tests and RT-PCR tests): Click here
The updated entry and stay conditions are available below and also published on the Tahiti Tourism website and are subject to modifications.
Protocol for entry and stay in The Islands of Tahiti with stopover or transit in the United States :
Protocol for entry and stay in The Islands of Tahiti from Honolulu and Los Angeles for US residents: